Scholarships and Bursaries for Students | University Scholarships 2020 UBC
University is expensive, and with everything that's happened in the last year, lots of students are struggling to pay their bills. Here are a couple of resources for students who are trying to make ends meet.
1. UBC has bursaries for students who have already exhausted government aid https://students.ubc.ca/enrolment/finances/awards-scholarships-bursaries/ubc-bursary-program
2. UBC also has affiliation scholarships. If you are affiliated with a certain club you can check if they have scholarships available through UBC. From what I've seen on this list, you do have to know certain people or be related to certain people. There are very specific criteria for each scholarship, but if you think you might fit it, check out the list. https://students.ubc.ca/enrolment/finances/awards-scholarships-bursaries/affiliation-scholarships/descriptions-affiliation-scholarships
3. If you are a canadian citizen enter your information at https://www.scholarshipscanada.com/v2signin/SignIn_Step1.aspx?WebsiteID=1 to find scholarships that you may be eligible for
4. If you are in a frat or sorority, most have scholarships available. They also likely have student loans without interest. Look at your greek societies website or ask your head of scholarship to find more specific information.
5. The Canadian government also has merit based scholarships. They ahve scholarships targeted for doctors, engineers, indigenous studemts etc. Check out if you're eligible for one here: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/scholarships.html
6. Another search engine where you enter your information to find related scholarships. https://scholarships.universitystudy.ca/?_ga=2.188346856.1555198549.1595135675-1406319778.1595135675
7. Each Faculty likely has scholarships specific to their students. I have been unable to find all of lists for each faculty, but have provided what I found